Two Mothers Day Poems





Dear Mommy,
I did what you said
I didn't even go to bed
I gave you the performance of a lifetime
I even found you your favorite drink- Pepsi with lime
We seemed high at Walmart
You gave me lots of food-including an Apple Streusel poptart
Max slept the whole visit-fine with us
You weren't even going to have a cheeseburger, but then you saw them and couldnt pass one up!
I cleaned the whole kitchen top to bottom twice
You even claimed that I was being nice
We had a real ugly photoshoot- a little too curvy
Then we spiced ourselves up and had one myspace worthy!
Made me watch a show called "Hippies"
And I actually liked it
It's what started our all nighter I'll never forget it
Still don't like your page honey
Please change it once more
Had to leave too soon~
And it sickened me
To my core

Dear Sarah,
Today when you first left
I wanted to cry
but then I remembered
that thing on my eye
So instead,
to feel close to you
my sorrow I hid and
I took a bath
in the same tub that you did.
I cracked open a Hansen's
and remembered the fun
like the cute picture
of you posing with the onion,
I thought of your unibrow,
I pictured your mole,
I thought of
reheating
the soup in your bowl.
We stayed up all night
to talk about dip
Then, just as the sun came up
we took a Walmart trip.
So, even though
on Mother's Day
I did wake up alone
And one of my two children
could not be reached by phone,
you really pulled out all the stops
and packed in lots of fun
to make my 21st Mother's Day
a really happy one.
I love you, Max, and Lilli
as if you were my own
I only have just one regret
not that you dropped my phone-
not that I didn't buy Dad
the green skull underpants,
or that I went braless for our dance,
No, my regrets are none of those,
I just wish I'd remembered
to paint your toes.